It’s National Upcycle Day on June 24!
Step up your content strategy game with these tips to reach a wider audience by repurposing existing content into video, podcasts, and other formats – no budget or experience required!
Table of Contents
National Upcycle Day is June 24
National Upcycle Day is all about giving new life to old or discarded items.
As creative entrepreneurs, we can apply this concept to our content strategy to maximize our time and honor what we’ve previously created.
Reusing content can save time and resources while also expanding your audience or reintroducing your brand to new people.
These ideas will work wherever you are in your content creation game, and we’ll look at a few ways to approach content creation once you get your upcycle strategy in place.
Why Repurpose Old Content?
Repurposing your past content has several benefits:
Let’s explore creative, innovative, and effective ways to create new top-performing content in 2023 from your existing content.
Transform Blog Posts into Podcast Episodes
One of the easiest ways to repurpose written content is by turning it into a podcast episode. It’s not too hard to achieve with a mobile phone and the right tools and apps to help you move your vision forward.
You can create a podcast episode around the topic or theme that is popular on your blog or social media, sharing real-life examples and anecdotes to add more value to the content.
How To Upcycle Written Content Into Podcasts
- Get your first podcast episode idea by exploring your most popular blog posts with Google Analytics (or your preferred web traffic tool) to create a podcast episode or series of podcasts for your current audience
- Create a podcast script using your original content and AI editing assistance with Jasper.ai to reformat blog content to fit the conversational tone of a podcast
- Record high-quality audio without a fancy mic or professional recording studio using Adobe Podcast AI Audio Enhancer, a free tool that will enhance your uploaded audio using AI
How To Create a Video Podcast
- Turn your audio podcast into a video podcast with Canva or Vimeo Create and their suite of creator tools, including a library of royalty-free stock video and music
- AI tools can also be used to create a video script for your podcast by summarizing existing content
More Ways To Add Audio To Your Podcast
Create Video Tutorials from How-To Guides
Transform your how-to guides or step-by-step articles into engaging video tutorials using online video creation tools such as:
Take inventory of your past educational content to see what can be upcycled into more timely content. You may consider asking your audience what they want to revisit!
- Choose a topic that will work in a visual format with video and animations
- Outline key points and steps from your original content, or use an AI tool like Jasper.ai to help you break the content into a cohesive video script
- Create a storyboard, incorporating visuals, text, and animations with an all-in-one creator tool like Canva or Kittl to stay organized
- Record a voiceover or use text overlays to guide viewers through the process; Audio can be recorded directly into Canva
- Tools like Canva and Vimeo Create have ample video templates and royalty-free music to quickly get started
Example: If you’ve written a blog post on “How to Create an Effective Email Marketing Campaign,” create a video tutorial demonstrating each step using screen recordings and graphics.
Turn Past Photos Into Video
Turn your old photos into a stunning video by incorporating captivating transitions, animations, and voiceover:
Craft a Time-Lapse Video of Your Creative Journey
Celebrate your creative journey by producing a time-lapse video that weaves your photos of the past into a captivating visual narrative that shares your creative growth over the length of a project, term, or decade!
- Create folders on your mobile or computer to organize these moments by dates/time so you can easily organize the files chronologically later
Example: Craft a time-lapse video documenting your journey from a hobbyist to a successful micro business with encouragement to other creators to keep following their passion.