Have an uncomfortable amount of free time on your hands? Here’s how to make the most of your day and pick up a new skill or two during the #Coronapocalypse.
Here’s the thing
It’s a powerless feeling if you’ve abruptly lost one or more sources of income or had your routine suddenly disrupted. While one can’t necessarily control what happens next, one can control how they allocate their time and energy during a period of uncertainty. Carve out time in your daily routine to learn a new skill, get certified in professional skills to increase your paid opportunities, or learn something unexpected. Having a weekly accomplishment besides binge-watching three seasons of “The Office” is strongly encouraged.
Free Places To Learn
- Learn how to conquer your Facebook ads and digital marketing with Facebook Blueprint
- Take a free online class from Harvard
- Take a free art class through edX, including “Designing and Creating Skirts”, “Grant Writing and Crowdfunding”, “Storytelling For Social Change”, and more
- Take the “Beginner’s Guide to Image Editing in Photoshop” on a free 10-day trial
- Learn how to wrangle your Google Analytics for free
- Power-watch “The French Chef” with Julia Child
- Sign up for Masterclass and learn from icons and legends like RuPaul, David Sedaris, and Ann Wintour
Pick up some certifications
Facebook Blueprint Certification Exam
Facebook awards credentials to individuals who demonstrate advanced-level proficiency in various aspects of digital marketing with Facebook products. Tests are approximately $150 USD each to take.
The Certificate is an in-depth course about CC licenses, open practices and the ethos of the Commons. The course is composed of readings, quizzes, discussions and practical exercises to develop learners’ open skills. The certification course and test is $500 USD.
Get hired, demonstrate clear business impact, and advance your skills. Adobe offers a wide range of online certification
programs designed to take your career to the next level. Tests are approximately $180 USD each to take.