October 2022 Paid Research Studies For Creatives
Weekly Round-Up of Available Paid Studies
- $100 / 30 Minutes: Seeking Website Feedback • We are looking for users of arts and entertainment services to share experiences and provide feedback on a website!
- $100 / 45 Minutes: Independent Game Developers Looking for a Better Way • Small game studios face unique challenges. We’re a company that’s looking to bring new technology and focus to independent game developers. If you work with a remote team of between 5-50 employees and are planning to release your next game within 12 months we’d love to interview you!
- $75 / 60 Minutes: Seeking independent salon owners! Your input will innovate a new salon customer management app • Are you an independent salon owner? We want to talk to you! We are beginning a project for a tech startup that wants to help independent salons easily manage their clients, booking, marketing, and revenue. We want to understand your current process, what works well, and what could work better!
- $75 / 45 Minutes: Are you looking for a job? We want to speak with you! • We’re a jobs website looking to chat with folks seeking jobs in certain industries. We want to hear about your experiences!
- $100 / 60 Minutes: Are you considering creating a website to help grow your health, beauty & fitness business? • This study will require one 60-min remote video conversation. The conversation will take place 10/17-10/21.
- $20 / 5 Minutes: Seeking people to use and provide feedback on a financial technology platform • We are an R&D firm working for Acorns. We will pay you to become a customer of Acorns, which is a financial technology platform. It helps people invest and grow their savings using purchase round-ups. We ask that once you become a customer, you provide feedback on your experience. Details to follow.
- $100 / 15 Minutes: Seeking people to participate in mobile interviews • We are looking for enthusiastic people to share their opinions about a food and beverage product with us. The fun part: you get to answer 5-7 questions while recording yourself with your phone’s video! (so you need to have a smartphone)
- $100 / 60 Minutes: Seeking business owners with experiences with vendor credit • We’re looking to talk with business owners about their experiences with funding (loans, lines of credit, etc) and business credit with vendors. This casual conversation will take place remotely by video conference.
- $75 / 45 Minutes: Seeking QuickBooks Customers who have accessibility needs • We are looking to chat with Small Business Owners who are QuickBook users and have accessibility needs. Our goal is to better understand your challenges with using QuickBooks.
- $100 / 60 Minutes: Filing sales tax returns? • We are looking for people who file sales tax returns for their business.
- $75 / 60 Minutes: Evaluating creatives for potential partner programs • The goal of this interview is to get your perspective on sales and marketing assets being developed to pitch a partnership program.
- $50 / 60 Minutes: Help us design a new educational program • We are currently working with one of our partners to design a new educational program, and we would love to hear from you to get feedback and ideas on it. Join us in a 1-hour 1:1 conversation via the Zoom video platform and share your opinions. As a token of our appreciation for your time, you will receive a US$ 50 gift card. We appreciate your interest and look forward to learning your thoughts about this new program.
- $130 / 45 Minutes: Embedded Trello Boards & Cards in Confluence & Jira • We’re exploring embedded Trello boards & cards in our flagship Atlassian products (Confluence & Jira). We want to understand our users’ needs and expectations for embedded Trello experiences. This is a 45 min 1:1 study with questions about your current role, workflow, and expectations for the embedded content. We will finish with stack ranking exercises and some exploratory visuals to discuss.
- $50 / 45 Minutes: Are you a small business owner? • Our service helps small business owners to find the insurance they need. We’d like to hear from you if you own a small business. The research will be an unmoderated task. You’ll be required to look at some questions in your own time and to provide your thoughts and feedback on them.
- $50 / 30 Minutes: Seeking developers at agencies with eCommerce experience • We are a global website technology company looking to get feedback on an early and new product idea and to learn more about developers at agencies’ experiences in eCommerce. This feedback and learning will contribute directly to our product decision-making. Help shape a new and exciting digital product!
Are paid research studies a scam?
If you enroll in a reputable research study programs such as Respondent.io, you will have access to vetted paid research study opportunities with reliable and timely payments.
Do your research when and avoid situations that require sensitive information to participate, such as your social security number. If you are finding paid research studies through Craigslist or a social media community, ensure that it is a legit opportunity before sharing personal information.
We have put together a list of reputable paid research studies to join below, along with advice to get enrolled and increase your chances of participating.
How much can you get paid to participate in a research study as a creative professional?
You will be paid for your participation in a research study depending on the length of time the researcher wants to work with you and complexity and range of tasks required for the paid research study.
Paid research studies for creatives typically pay $50-$175 per hour, but some may pay even more for less time. Some opportunities for several weeks in the same range. You can review the opportunity and see what works best for your schedule and payment requirements.
Research studies that require you to participate with a prototype or test the service/software may offer additional incentives in addition to the paid research study rate.
You may be asked to record your screen and communicate your experience with the prototype. These projects are fun and can provide an inside look at how your favorite software products are developing new features.
How to improve your chances of being accepted into paid research studies
You can increase your earnings with paid research studies by taking the time to properly complete your participant profiles on paid research study websites. This will allow you to be matched with more relevancy for your skills and expertise, improving your chances of being accepted into a paid research study.
You may have the option of uploading a photo or video to your paid research study profile. A good rule of thumb is to repurpose your LinkedIn profile image or a professional headshot.
Once accepted into a paid research study, it’s important to be professional, punctual, and respond to any correspondence from the researchers in a timely manner. This may increase your opportunities on the paid research study platform or open up more paid studies with your last research project.
These tips can increase opportunities to participate in research studies on various platforms or independently.